Collinsville, Conn. – The annual Collinsville Halloween Parade is scheduled to commence at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 26, 2019, near the Canton Historical Museum.
Ghouls, monsters, ghosts, and zombies of all ages will congregate at the Canton Hysterical (Historical) Museum at precisely 7 p.m. (other activities begin at 6:00), where Boosolini, the Monster of Ceremonies, will address the crowd.
A highlight of the annual parade is the costume contest before the parade, which includes prizes for “funniest”, “scariest”, “most original” and the coveted “best in show”. Main Street Midway highlights over the years include:
- The Gates of Terror
- Farmington Dance Company
- Voodoo Island and the Drumming Circle
- An Electric Chair
- The Spooky Booth/The Visualizer
- The Can-Dead Cantina
- The Zombie Cage
- Rubber People and Breakdancing Ghouls
- Stilt Walkers and Fire Dancing
- Dr. Feverstein’s Candy Canon & other terrifying inventions
- The Hideous Heads: A series of ghoulish eight-foot-tall murals
- And, as always, the Collinsville artists will attempt to replace every “normal” white light bulb in the quaint town with spooky orange light bulbs.
All attendees are invited to help transform the town by bringing their PRE-CARVED pumpkins (with LED lights) for exhibition in THE PUMPKIN GALLERY along the white fence at the corner of The Green and Main Street.
The historic Collinsville Halloween Parade was lovingly founded in 1994 by a dedicated group of Collinsville artists. Since its founding, the free, fun, family-oriented event continues to draw thousands of residents from across New England. The event is merely one example of the fact that Collinsville treasures its traditions and celebrates the dedicated volunteers who strive to keep those traditions alive.